Porter'S Here!

Photo Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Thursday, July 2

June Events

Here's an update on our family's life this past month...

Bob went to Chicago a few weeks ago for a week to do a trade show for his company. It's his first trip away since Reagan's birth, so that was hard to have him go. But it was all good. We're glad to have him back. His next trade show is in the fall in Boston...my home area and man, I want to go so badly! Someday maybe when the girls are older we'll all take a trip back East. He's also kept busy working with the Young Men and scouts. This next month they're taking a rafting trip down the Snake River. Bob's also been busy working outside/inside on the house. He put in electricity downstairs in the basement, so the lights now work. And he hooked up power to his shed in the backyard and installed some lights there.


We've been having our yard done this month with a sprinkler system installed, some topsoil put in, curbing done, and tomorrow we'll have the yard seeded! Hurray! We might actually have some green grass by the end of this summer. I've been getting tired of all the dirt and mud, so we're looking forward to that. We've been coming up with landscaping ideas, but might have to wait until the fall/or spring when we have some more cash to work with. It's been expensive, but it's looking really nice. It will look even better when we get some bark put in around the house and some shrubs/plants/and trees.
I've been busy taking care of the girls and keeping them entertained, feed, diapered, read to, etc...all the mommy stuff. I've been taking the girls to the park to play with some other moms and kids in our ward which has been fun for all of us. I've also been bargain hunting for my shopping trips, and to avoid having to take the girls with me I've been getting up at 5:30 to go first thing in the morning before Bob goes to work. I can only manage that once a week though, I'm not a morning person! But lately my back has been hurting me so I wake up early now because I can't sleep. Those days I try to go out for a walk before the girls wake up.

Whitney is going to be 3 in August, and she's definately on her way to being 3! She's a sweet girl, but sometimes she gets a little attitude. She's into doing everything herself-except using the potty and eating her food (which I wish she would do!) It's like she knows.... Anyway, I've been taking her to the library once a week to do the reading program. We read 20 minutes everynight together, and then we go get new books. She's into Clifford books and anything with Strawberry Shortcake, Princesses, Ballerinas, and Care Bears. She also in enamoured with Cinderella. She also wants to do a "Letter of the Day" with me (from Sesame Street). She's been learning what sounds the letters make, and she picks things up quick. The other day she said, "What does sandwich start with?" I said "sssssss(making the s sound)", and Whitney goes, "Oh, does it start with an S?" She's a smarty pants! And even though she has her moments, she is a real sweetheart!
Reagan is a little angel also. You can see my post about her being 4 months old now...we just love her!

Tuesday night we all went to the lake. Bob was taking the Young Men canoing, so we all went along since it was so nice out. Reagan loved to sit and watch what was going on, and Whitney loved playing in the sand and water. She even got to ride in the canoe! She's always talking about "sitting in a boat in the water" for some reason. Everytime she plays she makes little pretend boats, so she finally got to ride in a real one. She loved it! I was surprised she wasn't even a little bit afraid of the water. She just hopped right in, and of course she had to have her own oar to "help" paddle! Then some of the boys were fishing, so they let her try too. She had lots of fun! She's a real outdoors girl, just like her dad!



And that's about it for us this month!










3 comments:

Michelle and Cal said...

I'm so glad that Bob had another chance to go canoeing. I know he LOVES it. :)

I'm glad to see that you are all doing so great. Let's get together soon for a BBQ or something.

JMadd said...

Your yard will look awesome when it's finished! We've been doing repairs/improvements to our place and it is going at a snail's pace, but like you, we're doing it when we have the cash to do it. And the girls are so cute!

Christine said...

Love the update. Kids are so funny, aren't they? I bet you were dying to go to Boston with the hubby.