Porter'S Here!

Photo Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Thursday, October 22

Why I Love My Parents

So, this past month I could not have made it by without the help of my awesome parents! One weekend while Bob was out of town, my parents called up and said they were up this way and had been staying with some friends at a cabin. They were on their way home and wanted to stop by to say hello. So they came by and ending up doing so much more than just saying hello. Mom noticed I had a bunch of empty jars and a bunch of tomatoes in a box. I had meant to can them and make salsa for days, maybe even weeks. We had a bunch of tomatoes from our garden that I intended to actually do something with before they all went bad. But, I had been sick earlier with a sinus infection and was still tired from that, then I was by myself with two little kids and just couldn't seem to find the time. So, my mom got things going. We went to the little local store and bought a nice canner, and she started right in. I intended to help out too, but I ended up feeding everyone and changing diapers and helping Whitney go potty, and then put the kids down for a nap-- no wonder I hadn't been able to do it by myself before! Anyway, THANK YOU Mom for doing those tomatoes, I know I wouldn't have ever gotten them done without you! The Salsa is yummy by the way!

Not only did Mom do all the salsa, but she found time to sit down with Whitney and read her a story.
And Grandpa was a hit with the girls also! My Dad spent his day playing blocks with Whitney, holding Reagan, and he also tried to figure out what was wrong with my washing machine which had broken down (not a good thing when your husband is gone!) He didn't get it fixed, but he did figure out the problem and analyzed what parts we needed to buy to be able to fix it. What a help that was for us! When Bob got home, I gave him the information, and he went and bought the parts and fixed it no problem. Thanks Dad!
Then when I got the stomach bug the next weekend, Mom and Dad came up and took care of the kids, cleaned my house, fed my dogs, and gave me the relief I needed so badly. I so appreciate what they did for me and I want them to know how much I love and appreciate them!!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Yay for parental help!!