Porter'S Here!

Photo Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Tuesday, October 20

Whitney Heart Update

Last week I took Whitney to see the pediatric cardiologist. That was scary in itself because we had to go to the hospital through the emergency entrance (where everyone goes who has the swine flu!) That made me really nervous, but anyway, we were able to see the doctor and she listened to Whitney's heart and did another EKG and apparently everything is just fine! YAy! I am very relieved. She does still have a murmur, but according to the Dr. it is a "normal" murmur that she may eventually outgrow. It has gotten softer than the first time it was picked up, probably because Whitney may have had an infection then and the Dr. said infections make the murmur louder. So, she just wants to see Whitney again in 3 years time, but everything seems ok. We are very happy that she'll be okay. Thank you for everyone's concern. It's always a scary thing to have a sick kid and then be told there are heart problems, and you just don't know what is going on. So thanks again, and sounds like she's going to be fine. Now if I can just ward off the swine flu, I'll be even more less worried...

7 comments:

Shalee said...

I am so glad things went well!! YAY!

JMadd said...

That's good to hear!

Sandie said...

I am so happy things went well. We have been praying for her! Oh, and don't worry about the swine flu...we have been through it, and frankly, it really wasn't that bad. I almost think it has been more hype!

Missy said...

Glad she is ok. What a relief for you guys.

The Egbert Family said...

I'm glad your little one is doing good. That swine flu is starting to scare me too.

Christine said...

I am so glad that things are well. I have been wondering how your little dear was.

Kim & Dave said...

That's great news! I'm glad Whitney's visit went well.