Both Bob and I have been concerned about Whitney's lack of weight gain for years now. Then this past month she hasn't been eating well because she's complained her tummy hurts, and she never complains about hurting. I took her in with Reagan to get her 3-year old check-up this week, expecting to be concerned about her weight issues and her tummy, and wanting some answers. I didn't really get any, and to further our worries the doctor picked up a heart murmur in her heart rhythm. Apparently her heart is skipping a beat. I was sent to the hospital to get her chest X-rayed and get her an EKG. We've worried and fretted the past few days, and today the results still don't explain much. The EKG shows there is an Aortic Valve block causing her heart to skip a beat, fortunately it is only 1st degree, but still is a big worry. We're trying our best to get the soonest available appointment at Primary Children's with a Pediatric Cardiologist.
The little stinker had been driving me crazy lately whining and crying at the drop of a hat, and I thought it was all because she turned 3! And now I realize just how much she really doesn't feel well. And now I feel terrible thinking about how impatient I have been and frustrated, and I just wish I could hold her all the time now.
I still don't know what the tummy ache is from. We're wondering if she's become lactose intolerant. The doctor had a urine sample taken, and all they told us was that it was a bacteria and "it will pass." I hate it when doctors give me answers like that. I just want to know what is wrong so we can help her. It's really frustrating.
So, if it seems like I'm not posting as much or responding to your blogs in the next little while, it's not because I don't care about you, it's just we've got some concerns here on the home front with our little girl. When we find out more what is going on, we'll be sure to let you know.
In the meantime, any thoughts and prayers for little Whitney would be much needed and appreciated.

13 comments:
I'm so sorry that little Whitney is sick. I will keep her and your family in my prayers.
I know how frightening it is when you don't know what is wrong with your child! I'm sure she has already had a blessing...sometimes I think it is just as important to have mommy get one too! We will keep your family especially Whitney in our prayers!! I know this may not help, but Jessica never gained the weight the doctor thought she should...she was never even on the charts for weight. I believe she barely hit 20 pounds by her 3rd birthday. She has been pretty healthy her whole life. We still worry about her weight and her horrible eating, but so far, she has been fine. I tell you this so that you can feel a little better!
Wow, what a thing to hear about your child. Poor little one. I hope they can find some way to help her get relief. I'll be praying for her.
Poor thing! i just wanted to ease your worries on the stomach ache thing. something i learned a while back is that when kids dont feel good, they automatically say it's their stomach. that's why when a kid is sick at all, they either dont eat or want to eat everything. they learn at a young age that when they dont feel good, it's probably because they need some food or ate too much food, or has something to do with food. and to top that off with the bacteria thing, and all the stress that suddenly came into her life (she feels it, i'm sure), it's no wonder her little tummy hurts. hope that sends a little comfort.
i really hope they can fix the problem, and fix it quickly. heart stuff is scary. but it sounds like they can take care of it. i sure hope so. i'll keep you guys in my prayers.
Poor Whitney! She is such a cutie! I hope you can get everything figured out and get her feeling better! We are so lucky these days with all they can do to fix things even in these little bodies. Just keep hugging and loving! That is by far the very best medicine. We'll be thinking about you all!
Cheryl...I was so hoping you would post saying that it was a big mistake by your dr. and that she would be fine. I'm so sorry you don't have any answers. That is so frustating and scary. Of course we'll pray for little Whitney. Good luck to you all. We love you!
Cheryl,
I'm so sorry for the difficulty's you and Whitney face. I hope things work out for the best. Love you, and I'll keep you and Whitney in my prayers.
- Wayne
I am so sorry to hear about this! We are all too familiar with this kind of thing. If there is ANY thing we can do or if you just want to talk about things, please call! I know its difficult and I would love to do anything I can to help out! Did they tell you about the ped cardiologist that comes to Idaho falls (from Primary's)once or twice a month? That's what we were able to do for Hadley. He sees her once a year now, but he saw her frequently for the months leading up to his surgery. You should see if they will let you go to her. Her name is Victoria Judd. We love her. We will keep you all in our prayers!!
We just heard about Whitney from your mom and dad. We will definitely keep Whitney and your family in our prayers.
I hope you find some answers soon. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help when you are down this way.
So sorry to hear about your sweet little Whitney. We'll be thinking of you all in our prayers. Let me know if I can do anything for you.
Hi Cheryl-
Just catching up on all of your news and have been reading your posts about Whitney. What a scary time. I was happy to read the most recent October posts that things seem to be okay. Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you!
Kelli :)
Hi Cheryl-
I was just catching up on all of your news and was reading your posts about Whitney. How scary! I was happy to read your most recent October posts that things seem to be okay. What a relief! Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you all!
Kelli :)
Post a Comment