Porter'S Here!

Photo Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Wednesday, August 19

Princess Birthday Girl

I'm late at getting this posted, seems like there's not enough time to do everything I want to do! But anyway, Whitney turned 3 earlier this month. She's into anything Princess-y, especially Cinderella, so she had a princess theme birthday.
We celebrated a week early with the family while Bob's parents were in town. Also, Bob was going to be gone camping with the Boy Scouts on her actual birthday. She wanted a blue cake, so I made cupcakes with blue frosting.




She scored on her presents this year...she's not spoiled at all ;) Grandma and Grandpa Stirling got her a toddler size toy piano. It's a little twangy sounding, but she loves it. I'm looking forward to having our basement done so it can go down there! :) But it has little tags to put on the keys for her to learn the names of the keys. So it will be fun for her to learn. Someday if I can get myself together maybe I can teach her.
She also got a Cinderella princess dress-up outfit, with "glass slippers" too. She thought that was pretty neat. She wants to wear it all the time now.

Then this year I decided I would let her have a friends party, for the first time! It was a lot of fun, but a lot of work! She doesn't have friends over to play very much, so I thought it would be good for her to have some friends over. The girls made their own tiaras with poster board templates and glued on craft jewels and used glitter glue. That was fun for them. Then they played princess games and then had cake and ice cream. It was a lot of fun! And she was so excited to have her friends come over!


This is the cake I made for Whitney this year. I bought an edible image of Cinderella at the local grocery store and then put it on my own cake. It was kind of fun to do.

And here's the birthday girl with her tiara she made and her blue balloon. She loved the balloons almost more than her gifts! I told Bob next year we should save money on buying her gifts by just getting her a couple balloons! She'd be just as happy! ;)











1 comment:

Kim & Dave said...

Nope, I don't think Whitney's spoiled AT ALL! Just kidding. Your cake turned out great and it looks like Whitney had a good time...at both her parties.