Porter'S Here!

Photo Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Wednesday, November 5

Random Thoughts on Decision '08



I have to say "random thoughts" because ever since I had Whitney, I've felt my brain doesn't function as well as it used to. Being pregnant also doesn't help either! So my words may not be very eloquent, and I don't have any fancy quotes or anything. Just sharing how I feel about this year's election, take it or leave it.

-Regardless of who you may have voted for, I felt the media heavily swayed this year's election. They used every possible subtle and not so subtle way to influence people's choices. I have gotten so sick of even watching some of my favorite TV shows because I could sense a bias in what was being presented, even as news or entertainment. I am a Republican. I believe in Republican values, and I don't think I should be made to feel like a stupid idiot because of my beliefs. And that's exactly what media, entertainers, and script writers have been trying to do.

-I do not agree with Obama, and I do not like his hidden agendas. But I recognize the historical significance of having a country elect its first African-American president. I just wonder if he'll be able to put his money where his mouth is.

-Why is everything ,and I mean everything President Bush's fault? No matter what happens, Bush is to blame. I'm not saying he's been great, but are people forgetting that the Senate has been making decisions too, and failing miserably...and guess what, they're democrats!

-I'm looking forward to election '12. Maybe Mitt Romney will run again. Although I've had quite a few people tell me they're not sure we'll be around then, hinting that the world will end because of the democratic reign to take over. And they're serious! (Side note-Did you know the Mayan Calendar only goes to the year 2012 or 2013? ) Anyway, I don't think it's that drastic, and I don't think there's a need for that extreme amount of fear. But I think the time is coming where people are going to need to stand up for moral values to be preserved in this country, defend our constitution (which I believe was God-inspired), and keep our nation truly under God.

4 comments:

Michelle and Cal said...

Well said!

Christine said...

I agree. Things will definitely be interesting.

JMadd said...

I agree with you. The world didn't end when Clinton was elected, so I don't expect it to with Obama. I also agree that the media and Hollywood totally use their celebrity to sway people to think and act a certain way. I work in the media (PR) so I know this to be true. The lines are ebing drawn, and we have to take a stand, no matter how unenlightened or archaic we may seem to the rest of the world. I just keep telling myself that I'll still be standing when other people aren't at the end.

Sandie said...

Cheryl,
Very Well said!! I completely agree with your "random thoughts". By the way, the brain will never come back after kids. ha, ha!