Porter'S Here!

Photo Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Monday, November 17

Bob's Canada Hunting Trip

Bob just got back from his week-and-a-half long trip to Canada. That was my anniversary gift to him this year, allowing him to leave me for that long! But, he was finally able to get a deer. And he was able to get back safely, which I'm grateful for! (Which you'll see why I'm grateful after reading his story here). So this blog post is for him.




Here are photos of the Canadian Whitetail hunt that I just came back from. A few of us from work went to hunt in Ontario, just North of Minnesota. I hesitated to shoot him because it was the first hour of the first day of our 7 day hunt. But, I am glad that I did because the other guys didn't see any good bucks, and only one other guy in the party shot a smaller buck. It was a pretty good hunt except for when the rusted-out chimney of the wood stove in my wall tent caught fire and burned the tent down... Luckily I went outside to go to the bathroom before turning in for the night and found the roof on fire. A few minutes later and I would have been asleep. (Yeah, that part made me glad that I was saying my prayers faithfully every night while he was gone to keep him safe!) The weather was pretty cold and wet for most of the time. I haven't scored him yet but his dressed carcass was almost 300 lbs. They have really big-bodied deer up there which can make antler-judging difficult. It was a pretty fun hunt.



So, anyone want some deer meat? :)

No comments: