Porter'S Here!

Photo Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Tuesday, October 14

Pumpkin Nostalgia

Even though it was a lot of hard work growing and selling pumpkins the last two years, this year I actually missed it! We didn't grow any this year because 1)we moved during the planting season and 2)we had no water this year to irrigate. I don't think it's in any future plans to do it again, but it was kind of fun. In fact today I went to the store to buy some pumpkins which felt strange after growing our own (and our selection was a lot better than what they had!) I guess I'm just biased. :)


Anyway, I was just looking through some of our pictures from the past two years I thought I'd post.

This is what our garage used to look like every fall season the past two years...

Here's something I don't miss...standing on the corner each weekend all day long selling pumpkins. Whitney came along to help!

Whitney made a cute pumpkin herself! Since the costume still fits she's going to be a pumpkin again. I figure at this age she doesn't care! Next year I'm sure she'll want to be a princess or something with a "pretty dress" . Everytime we pass a princess costume at the store, she calls out "Mom, oh look, a pretty dress!" Also sometimes I call her "my little pumpkin" for a nickname, but now she looks at me and says, "No, Mom, I Whitney!" It's fun having her talk more and having her personality come out!

No comments: