(Jen, this is for you!) After reading my friend's blog on a flyer sent home from school full with spelling errors, I thought of this below. I found it when I was doing my Literacy classes a few years ago. Thought you might find it interesting too!
I cdnuolt blveiee taht i cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht i was rdanieg. the phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
the rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorant.
Thursday, October 23
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It is interesting that I could read all that. I thought it was because I had read 10 year-olds' spelling for 6 years. :) This is true unless you have a learning disability and then I bet you'd really be confused.
I could read it all, too! How strange. I can't say that it didn't bother me while I was reading it, but I understood.
Post a Comment