I know I haven't posted in a long time, and soon I need to go back and post some of the good things that have happened to us in the past few months. But I should probably share our latest events first.
Many of you know that we have been trying for another child. It's been a year now. We've traveled to Salt Lake on numerous occasions to meet with doctors and have procedures done. We've had several unsuccessful treatments over the past year and many disappointments. Recently it was confirmed in an ultrasound that I have the condition PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) which causes havoc, but pregnancy is still possible.
Anyway, I was finally able to get pregnant back in November, and last weekend at the 8 week appointment it was discovered that the pregnancy was ectopic. The fetus was stuck in my right tube and had to be removed. I had emergency surgery Friday night, and finding that my tube was about to rupture, the tube had to be removed as well. The scary thing is I had no pain, no bleeding, really no signs of trouble, except my own troubled mind that something may be wrong. If it had ruptured, I would have had no idea until that moment, and could have bleed to death.
Mostly though, instead of being scared, I'm deeply sad.
Last week I happened to watch a show where they were talking about how to overcome times of grief. There was a couple that was on the show that talked about how they lost all over their children in a car accident. The children were all under 6. They talked about how they just had to, and still have to, just put one foot in front of the other and keep moving. I thought about that when I was in the hospital recovery room. I hadn't moved from my bed at all, and the doctor came in to check on me and encouraged me to get up and try moving around. Honestly, I didn't want to. I wanted to just lie there, I really didn't want to do anything. I had lost everything inside me that willed me to do anything. But I did get up. And I did put one foot in front of the other. It may seem so simple, but it's hard to even do that. But that's what it takes to keep going on.
Wednesday, January 19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Please Pleae Please let me help however I can. Love you.
Cheryl - it does get better. I can attest to that. Just keep depending on Heavenly Father to get you through those hard times and hug and kiss your precious little girls as often as you can. It will get better.
Oh Cheryl. I am glad you are okay. I am so so so sorry. that is such a tough thing to go through. Our circumstances are different, but we are feeling the same way. We've lost both of Dan's parents in the last four months, and it truly is a day by day, step by step process. My heart and love goes out to you.
Oh Cheryl, I am so sorry. I wish I got to see you more and could help the pain go away.
Wish I had the right words..........
Time does help all grief...
We are thinking of you.
So sorry for you Cheryl! I actually was at the hospital just a few weeks before you, doing the same thing. I know how tender emotions are at such a time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Cheryl- I am so sorry. You are truly a Mother in Zion to so willingly do all that you have to bring children to this earth. I love you and I am thinking of you.
I understand how you feel. As Jen said, it does get better. It l really hard right now but it will be more bearable with time. Cry when you need to and remember how much your Heavenly Father loves you. My prayers are with you.
Cheryl...all I can say is I AM SO SORRY! I am crying with you and wish I could be there to put my arms around you and tell you how much we love and appreciate you! I will keep you in my prayers my dear sister!
I am so sorry for what is happening. I will keep you in my prayers. Your girls are super cute. I get a chance to see them at Storytime with Missy. Patricia
Cheryl, I'm so sorry you had to go through this. Let me know anything I can do to help.
Cheryl,
Mom told me last night what had happened to you. I hope you are doing better now. That is a really a hard situation to face with little preparation. One of Joseph's sisters had a tubal pregnancy too. This happened many years ago.
I am really grateful that you had a good doctor that caught the problem before worse could happen. We are here for you.
I wish I could have known earlier to do more for you. The grief is hard to go through. I hope you are doing better.
Love,
Becky
Post a Comment