Every year around this time I feel a little sad that I'm not teaching anymore. I get all excited for the school supply and teacher supply sales, and sometimes I even still buy stuff figuring that I can use it with my own kids. Anyway, on my district website there is a picture of me when I taught third grade years ago up at the top with some other pictures. Every time I open the website to check my email, I see it and it brings back memories and I get a little longing to be back in the classroom again. Here's the link if you're curious to see me in action :)
Idaho Falls District 91
Anyway, today is the first day of school for the district I work at part-time now, and I feel a little left out, but I'm glad to be home. And I'm glad I have just a one day a week job teaching PE. Although I'm really not all that thrilled about my grade assignments this year and my new schedule, oh well. I'm going to go in with a great attitude and I've got some things I want to try out this year, so hopefully it will be alright. I'm hoping to start a healthy eating and exercising program with the kids and maybe even teachers, maybe do an afterschool intramural program, and I'd like to get a local jump roping team to come do an assembly. Lofty goals, hopefully I don't get too discouraged this first month to try any of them!
Monday, August 30
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I feel that way too at the beginning of a school year. I miss it.
Good luck on your goals. I think a jump rope assembly would be cool!
I STILL BUY SCHOOL SUPPLIES TOO. ONCE A TEACHER . . .
Post a Comment