Porter'S Here!

Photo Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Monday, April 27

Kidney Stone Weekend

Oh man, it's been a rough weekend at the Stirling household. Wednesday night Bob's back started hurting, he thought he pulled a muscle doing some work outside. Then Thursday morning he came home early from work and said he didn't feel well. He had the chills and nausea and his side hurt. Then Friday he wasn't any better, so he went in to the local Dr. He started to think it was a kidney stone. He's had one before when we first got married, and it was terrible, but he passed it on his own- or we thought. Saturday he still felt terrible even with being on pain medication, so the Dr. ordered a CT scan at the hospital. We headed up there and left Whitney with the neighbors. We had to wait for the hospital to send the results to the Dr., so we went home. Later that day we got a call from the Dr. saying it was a rather large stone (abt. 5 mm) and that it was lodged in the tube and needed to be removed. The soonest they could do it was on Tuesday, but Bob was in so much pain we were finally able to find a Dr. who could do it on Sunday. I took Bob to the hospital Saturday night and got him on some morphine. My parents were able to come up and stay over night so they could take care of Whitney on Sunday while I went to the hospital to take care of Bob. He went in for surgery at 8 am and came out around 11 am. Poor guy was not doing well at all, the anesthesia was pretty rough to come out of and he was hurting, but he started to do better and they let him come home last night. He was so jacked up on pain meds he didn't sleep well much last night, but today he seems to be doing better. It's been quite an ordeal taking care of him, the new baby, and a toddler! I'll be glad when everyone's feeling well and things get back to somewhat normal again!

5 comments:

Michelle and Cal said...

Cheryl, That is aweful. I wish we had known. We would have helped you in a second. How is he doing now? We can babysit for you anytime. We can come up there if you need anything. Please let us know and give Bob our best!

JMadd said...

That's awful! My sister gets kidney stones all of the time and I used to think she was just a whiner about it, but now that I've heard about Bob's experience I will never say that anyone with kidney stones is a whiner. I hope he feels better soon.

Shalee said...

No fun!!! You know we are not so far away and can help too, right? Hope he gets better soon!!

Sandie said...

Wow...I sure hope everyone is on the mend!

Missy said...

Sorry to hear that. They say kidney stones is like labor.
Let me know if I can help out at all!