We had a nice Easter this year. I meant to start it out by going to one of the Easter Egg hunts, but didn't quite make it. I wish I could blame it on the weather, but it was actually a beautiful day! I just couldn't get going in the morning with a new baby and a toddler. But we did venture outside and Whitney helped Bob water the new trees he put in. She LOVED that. She loves to be outside and "help" her dad.
We did do some Easter egg stuff inside. Whitney organized all her plastic eggs by color and of course had to count them. She's a pretty smart little girl, she can count to 20 by herself and knows all the basic colors. Nothing that I did really, she just picks it up. Then we dyed some eggs. I'm learning I need to be a more patient mommy through that experience!
Then Sunday we invited my parents to come over. Whitney started her morning off with her Easter basket. She only cared about her new Cinderella book.
And she was so excited to wear her "pretty white dress just like Cinderella" to church. She's definitely a girly girl!
We went to church where I performed in the church Easter choir program. I was in charge of organizing it all and putting it together. Since I don't have an accompanist for the choir, I ended up accompanying on the piano for it all and asked someone else to direct. I haven't done so much playing since high school, so it was good for me. I'm glad it's over though. But it was really nice. I'm still in awe of one piano solo from a gentleman in my choir. I asked him to play a piano solo of "O Divine Redeemer". He went home, looked at some choral music I gave him, listened to a few versions from the internet, and came and performed the most beautiful rendition I think I have ever heard. The first few notes brought tears to my eyes and many people's eyes. It was absolutely astounding.
Then we went home and enjoyed an Easter dinner of ham, cheese potatoes, homemade rolls, salad, and cake. While dinner was getting ready, Whitney enjoyed dancing with her Grandpa in her pretty dress.
Reagan was such a good baby that day too and mostly slept, so I actually got to enjoy my dinner. Later that night our little family watched a short DVD on the Savior's life that the church had put out last year. I'm so grateful for out Savior's love for us that he would fulfill the atonement. It's something I still can't quite fully comprehend, but I know he did it for all of us.
I hope you all had a lovely Easter as well!

3 comments:
I think dressing up the kids for Easter is fun. I especially like the picture of Whitney dying eggs. So cute!
I'm so glad Trisha has you on her blog. What cute pictures of your perfect little family. I can't believe how big and beautiful Whitney is. The pictures of the two girls together is priceless. I think they look very much alike. We miss seeing you. The "Spring Fling" is scheduled for the 18th of May put it on your calendar and come and see us.
Eva
Looks like you had a good one! You guys are so cute!
Post a Comment