Porter'S Here!

Photo Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Tuesday, March 3

Welcome to the World, Reagan Marie!

Hooray! She's here!
We welcomed our new baby girl, Reagan Marie, on Saturday February 28th.
She came a week and a half early, but I had a feeling all week long that she probably would come by the weekend.
I went into labor around 6:00 a.m. and was at the hospital by 7:20 with contractions every 3 minutes and dilated to a 7. They said since I hadn't had the Group B strep test done they had to assume I was positive and wanted to put penicillin in which takes 4 hours. It took them 1 hour to find my vein to get an IV going before they could get the epidural in and working. I was in back labor the whole time. After they finally got it in I had to wait for another 4 hours before I could finally start pushing. The doctor was also doing a C-section for another patient (not me), so I had to wait for him to finish. Finally we got it going and she was born at 1:33 p.m.




Reagan weighed 6 pounds, 9 ounces and was 19 inches long. She has lots of thick dark hair and looks a lot like Whitney did when Whitney was born. They definately are the same mold!
The nurses were very nice and called her their "angel baby" cause she was so pretty!


Everything was going well with me and the baby, we didn't have to stay long. We were able to go home Sunday night. But first we just enjoyed getting to know Reagan and just relaxing.





My Mom and Dad were able to come stay with Whitney for the two days. They brought Whitney to the hospital Saturday night to see the new baby sister. She is so sweet to her sister and is excited to have her at our home now.
When I saw this picture I thought of how special it was when Whitney was born because we were finally parents. And now that Reagan is here it feels special because we are now a little family!

I have more pictures of coming home and some cute pictures of Whitney with Reagan, I still have to download them and then I'll put them on a post, so check in again!































8 comments:

The Davis Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS! She is so beautiful... but that's to be expected. I don't think it's fair how good you look. - Honestly Cheryl! I'm so happy for you. Try to get some rest (as if, right?). Love you and Hello to Bob.
Janet

Sandie said...

Congrats Cheryl!!! She is beautiful! Welcome to our family Little Reagan!

Lori said...

Congratulations!! I'm so glad everything went well for you. She's a beautiful baby! I think it's great that you have two little girls, but I am probably biased.

Christine said...

What a labor story. Having to wait during delivery is the worst. Being at a 7 or more for 6+ hours - sheesh!
But all worth it. She is SO precious!!

JMadd said...

Congratulations, Cheryl! She's precious. And you look great after just having her.

The Egbert Family said...

Congratulations. She is precious.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She's adorable; we're so happy for you. Dave & Kim

Katie said...

Congratulations! We love the name Reagan! It was in our top 3 for Lucy. You look great. What a sweet little family.