So, I've seen on some people's blog that they do a 'Flashback Friday' or 'Wordless Wednesday', something regular to post, etc.. I thought that was a good idea since I don't always know what to talk about. Or I do have a lot to talk about, but nothing particularly interesting to anyone else.
So, last night I was feeling a little guilty about something, and it hit me while taking a shower this morning what I could post on a weekly (or somewhat weekly) basis- My Guilty Pleasures and My Guilty Confessions (don't worry, nothing dramatic or anything!)
Guilty Pleasure of the Week- When I actually get a chance to take a nice long hot shower. This morning I let Whitney watch a little bit longer TV time and had gotten Reagan fed and put down for a nap. Half way through my shower, Reagan wakes up and starts crying. Did I hurry and jump out of the shower? No (the guilty part)- I finished up my nice hot shower!
Guilty Confession of the Week- The only show that I really look forward to watching anymore is The Office. We don't have satellite or Tivo or anything like that, just the basic 4 channels. So I really look forward to relaxing and watching 1 show every Thursday night. I had to run to the store quickly, so I hurried off and ran into town and back- even skipping my dinner so I could get home in time! I get Whitney all settled down, and plop down onto the couch to watch the begginning- then what do we see outside the window? The Elder's Quorum presidency driving up our driveway. Too late to turn off the lights-jk (plus we don't have curtains or shades in our window). I was not a happy camper, but I was trying to be polite and nice. But the whole time I kept thinking, why did they have to come tonight, of all nights? (my guilty part) I know I should be grateful they thought of us...but they really came to see our neighbor and when they weren't home, they saw our light on and decided to come visit us instead. Perfect.
Then I think, how old am I? Does it really matter? I can always watch a rerun. But I just needed a gripe moment!
Friday, March 27
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Those are some of my guilty pleasures too...especially 'The Office'! My theory is that moms need and deserve to have a moment to themselves every now and again, even if it is just slipping into a hot shower or watching a funny show!! Great post!
Well, someone once told me that no one ever died because of crying. Although, if I couldn't watch The Office, I would cry. And I might possibly die.
Can you watch "The Office" online? I know my favorite shows on ABC are online...that's the only time I get to watch them. Check it out. We can't wait to see the baby! And, darn that Elder's Quorum Presidency:)
I LOVE my long hot showers, that is MY time. Both kids have had to wait until I was done. It is good for them :).
I watch the office online weekly, I don't even get that channel. I love that show too. Hmm, maybe I will catch last nights episode now.
You are funny, Cheryl. But I TOTALLY understand both scenarios (and have had several of my own that are similar). Nice to know I am not the only one.
After making this last posting I was worried everyone would think I was wierd or something...I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Thanks everyone for your comments too :)
Oh, and I did finally get to watch 'The Offfice' online. I had actually tried later that same night, but I guess it takes a day or two before it gets up online cause it wasn't on. I was pretty bummed! But, Bob and I finally got to watch it last night- so funny. And what's the deal with Pam running off to join Michael? I thought she was smarter than that.
:) Better tune in next week!
When Brayden was a baby, I put him in his vibrating chair with a bottle while showering. That stopped when I had a feeling to get out and check on him. He was stuck as he was trying to crawl out. We started using the johnny jumper in the door. Much easier to peek out.
I enjoy your blog! I can't wait to see you and the girls...oh Robert too. Come for a visit and you can shower till the water runs cold. Can't wait to hold your little angel. I have some friends with blogs you might be interested in reading..."tHe pAtieNce of joD" and "Joy's thoughts and things".
You are a terrible person. That's all there is to it. You've always been just a terrible, terrible person... That's why I love you so much! HA! Seriously, I hope you are staying as sane as possible. Have a good one.
Jan
PS - We get our "Office" fix whenever Adam comes home. He has some on his computer and we just laugh and LAUGH! So not PC - it's great! Love ya.
Robert and Cheryl congratulations on your little new one. We are so happy for you. You are a wonderful family. We are all so wonderfully blessed. There are too many families split up here in Russia my heart aches for these young girls that never knew their father and they don't have any siblings. The gospel is true and I commend you both for living it. Love Uncle Jack and Aunt Elaine
Post a Comment