First of all the potty training thing is not going so well. We started off really good, and I thought, yay-she'll be out of diapers before the baby comes! Now every time I even mention the word potty, Whitney goes running off saying, "goodbye, see you later!" And honestly, I don't feel like chasing her all that much anymore.
Then there's the taking her along to the store to get groceries or whatever other errand I have to do in town. She has to get into the car herself, even when the car is caked with mud and snow. So when she climbs in it gets all over her clothes and the car and the car seat! And sometimes she takes her own sweet time. The word "hurry" has no meaning to a 2 year old I know, but I still find myself saying it after waiting in the freezing cold- and Idaho wind- for seriously like 5 minutes!
Then when we're in the store she climbs in the cart, out of the cart, in the back of the cart, and back to the front of the cart. It's constant. Then her new thing is to crawl on the aisle floor, and the more I tell her not to do that, the funnier it is. Throw that in with the occassional melt down and that's been my day in a nutshell!
But then I get one of these hugs with an "I love you, Mamma"and I wonder what I ever had to complain about. Even with the terrible Mommy days, I'm glad I've been given a chance to be a Mom.

2 comments:
Cheryl, I TOTALLY know what you mean. :)
So sweet
Post a Comment