Porter'S Here!

Photo Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Saturday, December 13

Favorite Holiday Flicks

Maybe I'm a movie buff, but at Christmas time there are some movies I just have to watch or it just doesn't seem like the holidays! These are a few of my favs. What's yours?



1. It's a Wonderful Life- Maybe I like this one the best
because my family used to watch it when I was a little kid.
Back then we waited for it to be on the TV specials, back in
the days when we didn't even own a VCR. Does anyone remember
those days too? Anyway, I love everything about the movie:
Jimmy Stuart running down the street shouting "Merry Christmas!",
Mr. Potter, the "Old wonderful Bailey Building & Loan", and Zuzu's petals.
And of course, Clarence the Angel trying to earn his wings. It's a Christmas Classic
at its best!



2. A Christmas Carol - I have to watch A Christmas Carol.
I think it's such a great reminder of the Christmas spirit. But, I
only like this version with the actor George Scott in it (I think that's
his name anyways). The musical from the 70s is also ok, but it goes
too long. This one gets the story moving right along, just long
enough for my attention span!




3. Charlie Brown Christmas- Good ol' Charlie Brown! Although
my favorite part of this show is when Linus does his recitation
of Luke 2 and when the gang all breaks out in "Hark, the Herald Angels Sing!"

4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (only the cartoon version!)
I could practically recite the whole thing from memory, but I won't. :)
Of course the book is even better. I don't care for the Jim Carey version
though. I don't like childrens' stories made into crude shows. But I did
like Faith Hill's song from the movie.

5. A Christmas Story -The pink bunny pajamas, the tongue stuck to the pole,
the "electric sex" glowing from the window, and the Chinese rendition
of Jingle Bells... gotta love it!


6. Elf (my newest Christmas classic!)
This movie never fails to make me burst out laughing!
Maybe it is a little childish, but I gotta admit, it's one of my favs!



























2 comments:

Christine said...

I know what you mean. Christmas isn't Christmas until I have seen "Frosty the Snowman", "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and the cartoon "The Grinch". "A Christmas Story" is also a much loved classic!

Sandie said...

I have to admit that Christmas isn't Christmas unless I watch the classic moving..."White Christmas" with Bing Crosbie...I know, it's corney, but I LOVE it!!