Porter'S Here!

Photo Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Thursday, September 15

IVF

So, I haven't really been public about the recent event in our lives, but I guess it's time. After two years of unsuccessful pregnancy attempts and one ectopic pregnancy, Bob and I have decided to try the next step, in Vitro. It's consumed most of our time and energy lately, driving to SLC for appointments, me going constantly to get tests done, and now I'm injecting myself with 3 different medications every night- with some painful welts on my belly as a wonderful side effect. I've gotten pretty good at doing the injections myself, I had to learn since Bob was not all that gentle!
Anyway, the next few weeks are going to be hard. I will head down to SLC Monday for daily ultrasounds until the follicles are ready. Then I head back two days after that for the extraction, then we wait 2-5 days for the embryos to develop to implant, then I'm on bedrest for up to 5 days. It's going to be hard. I'm trying to prepare and get everything done before I head down, but the medications have made me so tired. And after doing preschool all day long, all I want to do is sleep!
So, anyway, if you could keep us in your thoughts through the next few weeks, I'd really appreciate it. I don't know if this will result in what we've been hoping for for so long, but for the first time in a long time I feel a little bit hopeful. That little bit of hope is what is getting me through all the painful injections and everything else.

6 comments:

Christine said...

I will be praying for you. It sounds like a rough process. I sincerely hope you can add to your family sometime soon and that you will have the energy you need to keep up with life's daily commitments.

Missy said...

Best of luck to you Cheryl. I hope it works out for the best. PLEASE let me know if I can do anything to help.

Shalee said...

Oh my goodness! good luck!! We will definitely keep you all in our prayers!

sara said...

You are so brave and I wish I was there to help. Good luck and we will definitely be thinking of you and praying for you.

Kim & Dave said...

We will definitely keep you in our thoughts and prayers. We love you guys and wish you the best!

JMadd said...

I will keep you in my prayers for sure. I'll also put your name on the prayer roll. I know women who have gone through that process and hear that it is greuling, but so worth it in the end when it results in a viable pregnancy for you. BTW, I know that you're not exactly in SLC for a pleasure trip, but if you ever want to get together, just let me know. I can drive up there and meet you.