It has been crazy busy lately, thus the delay on posting to the blog.
First, I wanted to tell you thank you for your prayers on behalf of my nephew. He is doing really well. It's been almost a month now since the accident, and he's still in Primary Childrens', but he is out of intensive care and has started therapy. He is able to sit up a little bit and say a few words and play with toys. It's remarkable and we are all very grateful.
Here's what else we've been up to, I'm sorry about the lack of pictures! I'll have to try to add them later.
1) We had a BBQ with friends for the Fourth of July weekend and watched the fireworks from our backyard, and Bob set off a few for the kids to watch. We had a lot of fun with good friends. Then the next day we took the kids to the parade. Whitney had to learn to go fast if she wanted candy! Reagan just wanted to sit in the gutter- silly kid.
2) We headed down to Logan to celebrate my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. I was running around like crazy and didn't get any pictures, so I'm hoping to bum some off my family members-hint, hint :) It was really nice and everyone helped out so much. We had a reception at a church, and then had a little program with a video slide show of pictures. All of my siblings and their children were able to be there, except for my nephew in the hospital and his dad. But we were glad that everything was going so well with Adam that everyone else could be there.
The next day we had a family picnic with all the family and played games and had Mom and Dad play a 'Newlywed' type game. It was a lot of fun to relax and visit with each other.
3) After the family get-together, I have been playing Aunt Cheryl to 4 of my nieces and nephews who came home with me from Logan to stay for a week. Bob left on our Ward's Youth Trek for the week, so I pretty much took care of 6 kids and household all by myself. I am exhausted, but I did my best and I had a lot of fun. We went to the lake twice, the zoo, the museum, a spray park, the library, more parks, the dollar store (to spend their bribe money), ate lots of ice cream, popsicles, and watched a lot of movies. The kids were very good, and I am actually sad that they left. I've always wanted to have 5 or 6 kids, and I'm at the realization point that it won't happen for me, so I was grateful to have a brief experience of taking care of a bunch of kids. The challenge was keeping everyone entertained for ages 14, 12, 7, 3, 4, and 1! Whitney and Reagan just loved having their cousins around and are sad they've gone also. Since they've left, Whitney keeps telling me how much she wants a brother!
And in between everything going on, we've been going down to Salt Lake for more infertility treatments in high hopes that we'll be able to have another baby. It's been 6 months now and 3 failed attempts, so we'll keep hoping something will work for us. It may not, and if so, I've been very blessed to have the two kids that I have now. They are wonderful little girls and I love them so much!
Monday, July 19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
thanks for the updates! we have been wondering how your little nephew was doing. we know treatments are not fun and not successful treatments are an even bigger party....so, we will definitely remember you in our prayers :)
sounds like you have been having so much fun. Adelaide keeps asking when she can have a play date with Whitney...maybe soon????
Wow 6 kids! Sounds like you've been having some good times. So glad your nephew is starting to improve. What a trial! Sad that we missed your 4th BBQ. Hopefully we can get together again sometime!
Good luck to you guys! I can say that you are a brave woman with a bunch of kids all by yourself. My 3 are hard enough! :)
Glad your life is slowing down. I didn't know you were trying for
#3. Do you still have any of your "magic juice"? Let's get together soon!
I hope all works out well. You do have BEAUTIFUL girls!
Post a Comment