Porter'S Here!

Photo Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Friday, January 29

Why You Haven't Heard From Us

I thought that I'd just let you know why I haven't been posting lately.
I am exhausted!
Before our big trip, I was very sick, and the girls were sick also. We went on the trip, which was great, but very grueling on me as the mother. I was up late with them when they wouldn't sleep, I was up early to get to our tour destinations, I'd repack each night for the next day's excursion, finally get the girls to settle down and go to sleep, then start all over again. It didn't help that Reagan decided to quit nursing as much on our trip, so I also had to deal with bottles and cleaning them every night. I came back from the trip grateful that we could go, but very physically depleted and exhausted from the whole ordeal.
Since we have been home, every week one of the girls or myself have been sick. The girls both had ear infections, I've had a lingering sinus infection, then we all had the stomach flu, and most recently I came down with strep and now Reagan has pneumonia. I have not had a full night's sleep in quite a while it seems like. Oh, and Bob got second degree burns on his hand from bacon grease he accidentally spilled on himself. Needless to say, it's been quite the time lately. I think we should get a discount at our local community care for all the frequent visits we have made lately.
So, I have meant to post about our trip, and haven't. I've meant to comment on blogs, but I haven't. Right now I'm just hoping that we all get better and I can start to feel somewhat normal again. Until then...

7 comments:

JMadd said...

I hope all of you get better soon!

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, I've been thinking of you. If there's anything you need, let me know.

Shalee said...

Oh my goodness!! I am sorry!! Take care and get well soon!!!!

Christine said...

Oh that sounds like NO FUN!! We have been sick lately too (but not that badly) and it drove me nuts!!I hope you all feel well soon!

Lori said...

Wow! When it rains it pours. Maybe this means you will be done for a long while. Hope you all are feeling better and back to normal again soon!

Katie said...

no good! i hope you ALL feel better soon

The Egbert Family said...

I hope the sickies leave soon.